What is Arctic Mommas?
- Arctic Mommas is a group prenatal care program combining individual visits with educational sessions/group discussion.
- Groups will consist of 6-10 couples with similar due dates.
- Arctic Mommas begins after your initial 10-12 week visit and continues for the remainder of your pregnancy.
Benefits of Arctic Mommas:
- Meet other JBER moms and make new friends
- More time for pregnancy and childbirth education
- Same provider at each visit
Did you know?
Research has shown that mothers who participate in group
care have lower rates of preterm birth, higher rates of breastfeeding
success, and greater total satisfaction with their prenantal care!