|CHIEF MASTER SERGEANT MICHAEL J. WARNER|
Chief Master Sergeant Michael J. Warner is assigned as the Command Chief Master Sergeant, Eleventh Air Force; and Senior Enlisted Leader of the Alaskan Command, Alaskan NORAD Region and Joint Task Force-Alaska. He directly supports the mission of providing the Pacific Command and Northern Command combatant commanders with ready forces and infrastructure for homeland defense, decisive force projection, and military assistance to civil authorities when requested. He is the commander's primary enlisted advisor on matters of force utilization, morale, and welfare of the Soldiers, Airmen, Sailors, Marines, and Coast Guardsmen and their families assigned throughout Alaska.
Chief Warner grew up in Denver, Colorado. He started his military service in the United States Army Reserve as in infantryman in 1984. He then entered the Air Force in March 1987. His background includes various challenging duties as a security specialist, a First Sergeant and NCO Academy Commandant. Prior to his current assignment, he was the Command Chief Master Sergeant for the 18th Wing, Kadena Air Force Base, Okinawa Japan.
1989 NCO Preparatory Course, Offutt AFB, Neb., Distinguished Graduate
1991 NCO Leadership School, Offutt AFB, Neb., Distinguished Graduate
1993 NCO Academy, Peterson AFB, Colo., John Levitow Honor Graduate
1996 Associates Degree in Security Administration, CCAF
1997 Senior NCO Academy by Correspondence
1997 Associates Degree in Personnel Administration, CCAF
1998 Bachelor of Science Degree in Organizational and Human Resource Management from Colorado Christian University, Colorado Springs, Colo.
2000 US Air Force Senior NCO Academy, Maxwell AFB, Ala., Distinguished Graduate
2004 Defense Equal Opportunity Management Institute Leadership Team Awareness Course, Patrick AFB, Fla.
2004 Leadership Development Program, The Center for Creative Leadership, San Diego, Calif.
2006 Gettysburg Senior Leader Experience, Gettysburg, PA
2008 Masters of Arts in Education, TUI University, Cypress, CA
2009 Keystone, National Defense University, Ft Leslie J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
2010 Air Force Enterprise Management Seminar, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA
1. June 1987 - April 1992, Response Force Member/Leader, Security Controller, Armorer, and NCOIC Scheduling and Ceremonies, Strategic Air Command Elite Guard, Offutt AFB, Neb.
2. May 1992 - May 1993, Stinger Missile System Shift Sergeant and NCOIC Supply, 8th Security Police Squadron, Kunsan AB, Korea
3. June 1993 - July 1996, Security Controller, Shift Sergeant, NCOIC Training, NCOIC Alarm System Management Section, 50th Security Police Squadron, Falcon AFB, Colo.
4. August 1996 - May 1997, First Sergeant, 2d Space Operations Squadron, Falcon AFB, Colo.
5. May 1997 - March 1998, First Sergeant, 1st Space Operations Squadron, Falcon AFB, Colo.
6. April 1998 - April 1999, First Sergeant, 26th Accounting and Finance Squadron, Ramstein AB,
7. May 1999 - May 2000, First Sergeant, 86th Communications Squadron, Ramstein AB, Germany
8. June 2000 - August 2002, First Sergeant, 37th Airlift Squadron, Ramstein AB, Germany
9. September 2001 - December 2001, First Sergeant (Deployed), 363d Expeditionary Security Forces
Squadron, Prince Sultan Air Base, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
10. December 2001 - September 2002, First Sergeant, 37th Airlift Squadron, Ramstein AB, Germany
11. October 2002 - March 2003, First Sergeant, HQ 9AF/CENTAF, Shaw AFB, S.C
12. April 2003 - November 2004, First Sergeant, HQ PACAF, Hickam AFB, Hawaii 13. November 2004 - November 2006, Commandant, Kisling Noncommissioned Officer Academy,
Kapaun AS, Germany
14. November 2006 - December 2008, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 100th Air Refueling Wing, Royal Air Force Station Mildenhall, England
15. December 2008 - April 2010, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 18th Wing, Kadena Air Base, Okinawa Japan
16. May 2010 - Present, Command Chief Master Sergeant, Eleventh Air Force; and Senior Enlisted Leader, Alaskan Command and Alaskan NORAD Region, Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson, Alaska
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with six oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with valor and two oak leaf clusters
National Defense Service Medal with one service star
Military Outstanding Volunteer Service medal
2001 USAFE First Sergeant of the Year
2000 3rd Air Force First Sergeant of the Year
1999 3rd Air Force First Sergeant of the Year
1998 HQ USAFE First Sergeant of the Year
1997 50th Space Wing First Sergeant of the Year
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Airman First Class Mar 1987
Senior Airman (BTZ) Jan 1989
Sergeant Feb 1990
Staff Sergeant Jun 1990
Technical Sergeant Jul 1993
Master Sergeant Jul 1996
Senior Master Sergeant Mar 2000
Chief Master Sergeant Dec 2002
(Current as of April 2012)