|CMSGT KEVIN L CALL|
Chief Master Sergeant Kevin L. Call is the Command Chief Master Sergeant, 673d Air Base Wing, Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson (JBER), Alaska where he serves as a principle advisor to the 673d Air Base Wing and JBER installation commander on all enlisted matters and provides leadership and mentorship to the more than 3,200 Airmen in the wing as well as to enlisted Arctic Warriors across the JBER community. The wing provides civil engineering; communications; contracting; supply; transportation; logistics; medical services; personnel; security; housing/lodging; and morale, welfare, and recreation services for more than 43,500 active duty, reserve, National Guard, retirees, civilians and family members while supporting the Alaskan Command; Alaskan North American Aerospace Defense Command region; 11th Air Force; U.S. Army Alaska; 3rd Wing; 4th Brigade Combat Team (Airborne), 25th Infantry Division; 2nd Engineer Brigade; 176th Wing; 477th Fighter Group; and other tenant units residing on a 84,530-acre joint base installation. He assumed his present position in June.
Chief Call grew up in Tionesta, Penn., and entered the Air Force on Jan. 21, 1988. He completed technical training as an administration specialist and has built a vast breadth of leadership experience within the cyberspace operations career fields. His assignments include bases in New York, California, Germany, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C., Massachusetts, and Alaska. Chief Call has deployed during Operations DESERT STORM, SOUTHERN WATCH, IRAQI FREEDOM and ENDURING FREEDOM.
1990 NCO Preparatory Course, Griffiss AFB, N.Y.
1993 Airman Leadership School, Griffiss AFB, N.Y.
1996 NCO Academy, Peterson AFB, Colo.
1998 Associate's degree in information management, Community College of the Air Force
2001 Associate in Arts degree, Columbia College
2002 Air Force Senior NCO Academy, Maxwell-Gunter Annex AFB, Ala.
2005 Air Force Chief Master Sergeant Leadership Course, Maxwell-Gunter Annex AFB, Ala.
2005 Bachelor of Science degree in business management, University of Phoenix
2007 Master's degree in business administration, University of Phoenix
2008 Air Force Senior Leadership Course, Center for Creative Leadership, Greensboro, N.C.
2009 (Mentor) Air Force Chief Master Sergeant Leadership Course, Maxwell-Gunter Annex AFB, Ala.
2010 Air Force Enterprise Management Seminar, University of Virginia-Darden School of Business, Charlottesville, Va.
2010 Air Force Strategic Mindset Seminar, Crystal City, Va.
2011 Air Force Senior Leadership Course, Air Force Smart Operations 21st Century, University of Tennessee
2011 Air Force Senior Leadership Course, Gettysburg Leadership Experience, Gettysburg, Penn.
1. April 1988 - September 1995, NCOIC, Wing Command Section, 416th Bomb Wing, Griffiss AFB, N.Y.
2. June 1992 - September 1992, NCOIC, 4409th Transportation Squadron, 4409th Operations Group (Provisional), Riyadh AB, Saudi Arabia
3. September 1995 - June 1999, Chief, Administrative Communications and Chief, Executive Support, 9th Support Group, Beale AFB, Calif.
4. June 1999 - September 2002, NCOIC, Support Flight, 313th Recruiting Squadron, North Syracuse, N.Y.
5. September 2002 - October 2004, Superintendent, Information Systems Flight, 9th Communications Squadron, Beale AFB, Calif.
6. June 2004 - September 2004, Superintendent, Information Systems Flight, 379th Expeditionary Communications Squadron, Al Udeid AB, Qatar
7. October 2004 - July 2005, Superintendent, Mission Support Flight, 26th Information Operations Group, Ramstein AB, Germany
8. July 2005 - July 2008, USAFE 3A0X1 Functional Manager, HQ U.S. Air Forces in Europe Communications Directorate, Ramstein AB, Germany
9. July 2008 - June 2011, 3D0X1/8M000 Air Force Career Field Manager, Secretary of the Air Force Office of Information Dominance and Chief Information Officer, Cyberspace Operations Directorate, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
10. October 2010 - May 2011, Superintendent, 866th Air Expeditionary Squadron, Kabul, Afghanistan
11. July 2011 - May 2012, Command Chief, Electronic Systems Center, Hanscom AFB, Mass.
12. June 2012 - Present, Command Chief, 673d Air Base Wing, Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson, Alaska.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Bronze Star Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with five oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Recognition Ribbon
1989 Griffiss AFB Airman of Quarter
1991 Griffiss AFB Airman of Quarter and Airman of the Year
1990,1991 Griffiss AFB Information Management Airman of the Year
1993 John Levitow Winner, Airman Leadership School
1993 Wing Special Staff NCO of the Year, 416th Bomb Wing
1997 Beale AFB Communications and Information Professionalism Award
1999, 2000, 2001 Senior NCO of the Year, 313th Recruiting Squadron
1999, 2000 Senior NCO of the Year, 360th Recruiting Group
1999, 2001 Air Force Recruiting Service Information Management Senior NCO of the Year
2003 Senior NCO of the Year, 9th Communications Squadron
2003 Air Force Outstanding Information Management Senior NCO of the Year
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Airman July 21, 1988
Airman First Class May 21, 1989
Senior Airman (BTZ) July 21, 1990
Staff Sergeant Aug. 1, 1993
Technical Sergeant (STEP) March 1, 1995
Master Sergeant May 1, 1999
Senior Master Sergeant Feb. 1, 2003
Chief Master Sergeant Nov. 1, 2005
(Current as of July 2012)